No more effort or energy is required to aim high in life, to demand abundance and prosperity as is required to accept misery and poverty. The difference between the two is in your level of awareness.
Your thoughts create your beliefs. Your thinking could set you free from the constraints that keep you from realizing your full potential and all of the good you desire. You need to know exactly what governs shapes, directs your behavior, and ultimately your results. If you’re not careful, your thinking can be controlling something called paradigms.
Stephen Covey said: “If you want small changes in your life, work on your attitude. But if you want big and primary changes, work on your paradigm.”
Today we are going to talk about:
- The Mind
- How to Change Paradigms
- Brand New World.
Your paradigms create the vehicle through which you view and make sense of the world around you. Some mental processes have almost exclusive control over your habitual behavior. They are the operating systems. These systems are run by your mental processes. When information is presented to your mind, your mind decides where to park that information.
Paradigms, by nature, are neutral. If you have created positive paradigms you will have a happy growth orientated life, healthy image and the ability to adapt successfully to changes, upsets and unforeseen events. Negative paradigms can keep you stuck in old ways of thinking that can be very limiting and keep you imprisoned. They can imprison you in the mind, the place where all your true freedom resides. To achieve true freedom, you must understand how the mind works.
The mind is divided into two parts, the conscious mind and the subconscious mind. The conscious mind is the thinking mind and the subconscious mind the emotional mind. The subconscious mind is your power center. It functions in every cell of your body. The conscious mind has the ability to accept or reject anything it wants. No person or circumstance can cause you to think thoughts you do not choose. The thoughts you choose eventually determine the results in your life.
Pain, pleasure or limitation is either originated in the conscious mind or accepted from an outside source through see, hear, smell, taste and touch. As the conscious mind (you) accept these sources, authority is impressed upon the subconscious mind.
Your mind is the larger part of your personality. The body is an instrument of your mind. When your thoughts are impressed upon the subconscious mind, those thoughts are expressed through you. Through your body. The subconscious mind is everywhere in your body. Its feelings and actions determine your results.
Any thought you consciously or unconsciously impress upon the subconscious mind over and over becomes fixed. These fixed ideas or habits, continue to express themselves with conscious assistance until they are replaced. These ideas have come from genetic and environmental conditioning by your parents and ancestors DNA. Many of your beliefs and habits have been played back for generations.
As a child, everything that happened around you went right into your subconscious mind. That’s because you had no ability to reject anything. Any idea that you were exposed to over and over again, were like seeds being planted in fertile soil. They took root in your subconscious and became part of the paradigm that now controls every aspect of your life. They did not teach about paradigms in school. We are still living the same way we were programmed as children.
Farshad Asl said: Believing and investing in yourself is the best way to shift your thinking from a paradigm of excuses to one of solutions.”
How to Change Paradigms.
If you are looking for new and different results, if you want to create change in your life and start getting new and different results, you need to change your paradigms. Here’s a way:
- Write down one thing, that goal, that dream, that challenge that you have not yet resolved in your life. Your subconscious mind thrives on detail.
- Describe it to yourself as vividly as you can.
- Write down every association that you can connect to in this goal/dream thing. Everything you think about good and bad. Everything that the thought of it brings to your mind.
- A comfortable approach is to map it. Draw a circle around the words or sentence that you came up with in step one. Write down around that circle, all your associations as they come to you, that are allied to the original goal in the circle. When you feel like you’ve come up with a substantial number of associations, look at what your mind has shown you from looking at your paradigms.
- Focus in on a few of the most powerful paradigms. The ones that have the biggest negative impact. Ask yourself why you think like this? Where did it come from? Keep on digging until you’ve exhausted every possible scenario.
- Now that you know what your paradigm is on any given topic, it will assist you in reprogramming your mind with something that is the opposite too your paradigm. For example, if your paradigm is you’ll never earn a lot of money, your affirmative might be I’m so happy and grateful now that money comes to me on a continual basis through multiple sources.
- How do we get thought past the conscious mind to the subconscious? Repetition until it becomes second nature. You accelerate this by adding movement and feeling. Work the feeling until it is strong enough to impress the thought upon the subconscious instantaneously. As a result you should be able to associate deep thoughts and feelings towards your new paradigm.
As you learn the principles of attraction the whole world opens up to you in a wonderful way. We need to be conscious about what and who we are around, otherwise unwanted beliefs and habits will penetrate our moments by simply being around them for too long. The power of consistent repetition provides your safety net.
Kevin Michel said: “Small shifts in your thinking, and small changes in your energy, can lead to massive alterations of your end result.”
A Brand New World.
Your choice from here is what you want to be in your mind. When you learn the skills you no longer have an excuse. You get to decide what you want and what you want to believe in.
A paradigm is a belief in your head that was put there through repetition. Whether good or bad. The subconscious doesn’t decide. The conscious will filter and decide. Once you get to the subconscious with a thought or belief you want, you still need to nurture and continue to impress that thought.
The mind is a daily routine and if you slack off, the world will impress its thoughts in your mind for you and you’ll go right back to where you started. You will always have many temptations to ignore your paradigms. Your success will be to continually replace your old paradigms with new ones. This will allow you open the door to a brand new world.
Stafford Beer said: “If you want to create change, you must challenge not only the models of Unreality, but the paradigms that underwrite them.”
Contact me below if you think I can help you build a better life.